lagoon

lagoon

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Update

So I've realised that this blog won't be a weekly thing- more like a monthly post... if I remember and get around to it!
Now to the update: I AM BACK TO RUNNING! (finally) It's been two months of physio and frustration for me, but finally I am back to where I was and am ready to race. sorta. Unfortunately, the penticton race had to be cancelled, but on the 22nd I am doing the Kelowna Apple... here's to hot weather and fun times! My training schedule isn't what I would like to be, with my slow approach back to running- but I've started back up with weekly early wed. morning hard runs with a group of awesome ladies. I did it in the fall and my running speed and strength improved greatly- so hopefully fartleks, hill intervals, and more intervals will soon be beneficial and I will no longer feel like dying :)
Something quite exciting is that I am leaving in about 15 days for SFU/Whistler. The varsity xc team has a training camp during the last week of August up in Whistler, and I am stoked to be a part of it! The opportunity for me to finally have proper coaching is great! Even if freshmen don't get to compete for their first year, I think the benefit of team training and proper structure will be a great thing for me, competitions aside.
Contrary to what I said at the beginning of this post, I will update back in a week with a RR of Kelowna and some pics of my hiking trip to Banff!

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment