lagoon

lagoon

Monday, July 11, 2011

Gearing up!

Well it is almost time for my 4th triathlon! And 3rd Olympic Distance event! On sunday I will be racing the Penticton Peach. I am excited to travel out to Penticton and get a much deserved break away from the mountain of homework and exams that is looming above my head. Unfortunately, I can't stay in Penticton any longer than the weekend, but hopefully next year I will be able to race and then attend Noa's training camp. If only I could find a replacement to write my organic chemistry midterm- then I would be all set... but that has even worse odds than finding a needle in a haystack!
My goals for this race are simple: swim strong and remember to breathe (don't want to induce that nasty headache that happens whenever I race/swim), crush the bike... hopefully no mechanical issues this time round and finish with a steady run. I don't know how much the heat will play a factor into this race, but I've been training in some pretty hot conditions lately... so hopefully I can handle it. I've decided to wear socks for the run... I can't get my feet into my flats sockless without my orthotics bunching up and with elastic laces on- but I feel that I save a lot of time by being able to just slip my shoes on. An added note, my feet blister like hell! Currently it looks like I have some disease on them.... all spotted and weeping and red. Gross. Trying to save them from further pain I am definitely wearing socks.
All in all I am going into this race with a positive frame of mind, but in the end whatever happens will happen. I am not going to fuss over the small things (like the weather, and no I haven't checked it yet- so don't tell me!) but simply let everything unfold as it will and try to keep my head up and happy.

That's all for now. RR when I get back from my little Okanagan Vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment