lagoon

lagoon

Monday, January 16, 2012

Post #30 and some ramblings

This is my 30th blog post! Something small to celebrate, but celebrate none-the-less! When I started this blog I had no idea that I would ever reach 30 posts, or stay committed to (semi) regular blogging.

Currently I am back at Uvic for spring semester. Taking 5 courses is proving to be a time juggling act. Physics, advanced ochem, microbiology, statistics and genetics isn't the easiest load to pile on all at once. But I can handle one rough semester- after all it is only 3 months! The biggest downside to this semester is my schedule... unfortunately I can only attend one or two group workouts a week because of class conflict. I have also started a small tutoring job that runs two nights a week. Brushing up on high-school math, chemistry and physics is never a bad thing right?

The first sunday back in Victoria I participated in my first running race of the year, the Pioneer 8km. It went ok. Overall I am not pleased with my performance. The first 3km were great- and then I blew up. Guess I should learn some pacing techniques! My energy levels have been in the dirt, but I have now figured out the cause and hope that it will soon be remedied. I am very happy to say that I finally feel like a real swimmer! Over the past month I have noticed an improvement in my times, and I am super pumped to say that a 4km swim feels "normal" now.

This past weekend I had my first "city" experience: clubbing. Let's just say that it isn't really my thing... fun, but not for me. I also went to see an awesome band: The Boom Booms on saturday night. The have an amazing stage presence and great tunes to boot! Check them out here!




No comments:

Post a Comment