lagoon

lagoon

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simple Sunday


Thought that I would switch the blog up a bit and add a post about food! When I cook I go for simple, nutritious and most importantly gluten free. This sunday I don't have much time between midterm cramming and heading out to tutor- so I went for a quick throw-together that I can assemble at any time in the day, and cook up quickly.
You could call this fried rice. I prepped the brown rice and veggies before hand, and threw it in the pan just before I was ready to eat. (Eating it now as I am typing!)

Method:
Cook brown rice- (I used 1/2 cup dry as it was all I had left)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup shredded rapini
crimini mushrooms (about 5 or 6) coarsely chopped
1 cup frozen lima beans
1/2 a yam grated
1 tbsp GF tamari sauce
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 cloves garlic
2'' ginger, minced (lots of ginger!)
3 eggs

Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan. Once hot add the garlic and ginger. Saute. Add the yam, mushrooms, rapini, lima beans and raisins. Saute in frying pan for about 10min. Push veggies to one side and add the eggs. Next add the cooked rice and mix in, distributing the eggs. Cook until eggs are no longer runny. Put on plate, then eat!

This made enough food for about 4 or 5 servings! So for me that equates to lots of leftovers for the coming week!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment