lagoon

lagoon

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

Sorry for the lack of blog lately! I've been experimenting with a wordpress site and trying to make up my mind on to which blog site I would like to stick with, and it looks like good old simple Blogger has won me back over!

I am back home in Rossland for the summer. Well... technically Warfield (but that's a small detail and one that I am still not a fan of), and I am staying for the full summer! No summer semester like last year, just plain work and training. I am very happy to have my old job with the Rossland Museum and Historical Society back, with an added bit of responsibility! I will still do site tours, but also "run the place" two or three days a week. So if you like gold, mining, history, or all three- come and visit me this summer!

Training has been going smoothly, I've just come off a big block and my recovery week was perfectly timed as a slight VMO strain decided to pop up. Luckily ice and massage have calmed it down and I am now good to go. I am looking forward to my first race of the season- the Subaru race series at Shawnigan Lake on May 27th. Not exactly looking forward to spending my 20th birthday (May 26th) in a van for 10hrs- but you can't always have your cake and eat it too!

I will try and keep up with more regular posting and some pictures once the weather turns around.
Happy training!


No comments:

Post a Comment