lagoon

lagoon

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Month of May - Injury Mode

May has been a bit of a drag for me. I'm back in the injury boat again and none too happy about it. I started out with a strained vmo muscle that backed off the cycling for a bit- but that healed quickly as was expected. Of course, two days after my knee started feeling better, I got a burning pain with numbness in my right foot. It got to the point where weight bearing with full walk through motion wasn't possible. It's been a week with no exact treatment, just prodding, icing, anti-inflammatories, taping and an x-ray. This morning I went back to physio and had ultrasound, massage and stim done... and walked away with a pair of crutches. I hope that more of this style treatment will produce some change by the end of this week, as it got considerably worse with no treatment.
I am staying positive and am taking this time to work on my swimming, cycling and running form (water running does have some benefits!). I hope that I can be pain free by the beginning of june so that I am able to compete at wasa on the 10th. Need to take things one day at a time.

Off to the pool in an hour for a swim and water run session! Happy training everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment